Friday, June 25, 2010

<-- Spreading -->

It's spreading.

It used to be just at night, during a certain time period. Used to be. The paranoia would hit around eleven at night and then bam! as soon as it hit like three in the morning, everything was fine. Funny. I could even hear birds chirping that early in the morning.

Now it's during the day. It still hits at the same time, most of the time I don't even bother trying to sleep. The times I do, my face just barely stays out from under my comforter. If they can't see me, I'm safe. But man is it hot at night. My room's the hottest one in the house. If they don't get me, I'll burn to death. Some nights I think 'bout moving into the basement 'cause it's always nice'n cool down there, but I think it'd be worse. Down there, the darkness is always shifting, just to remind you that it's there. Besides, I'd only have to have, what, a thousand nightlights down there? Not worth it.

So it hits at eleven, but it doesn't go away anymore. Not 'till roughly noon. I know I'm always being followed 'cause, well, I am. Those dark little spots that you see jumping 'round in the corner of your eye? They're out to get me. And they never. Stop. Ever.

'Cept from noon to eleven. That's it now. What'll it be next?

Always?

No comments:

Post a Comment